Optimizing your own site to rank in the search engines is one task. But, that is not enough. You should increase your brand’s awareness and visibility beyond your site and reaching the other websites that might help to increase high quality and relevant backlinks to your website. So, one should understand the basic idea behind creating such high quality backlinks.
Search engine optimization is of two types, namely on-page and off-page. As intelligent bloggers or content creators, we generally only focus on the former.
However, off-page search engine optimization plays just as important a role, if not more important, in increasing the outreach and marketability of the written content.
While on-page optimization helps Google understand your content and increase its marketability, it is off-page SEO that increases the outreach of the content/product.
Here is a list of varied on-page and off-page SEO elements:
- Quality, research, keywords, the freshness of the article
- Title, Headers, Descriptions
- Design & Layout, JS, CSS
- Anchor Texts, Alt Texts
- Page Load Time
- Search Engine Indexing
- Short URLs
- Quality Backlinks,
- Depth of Links
- Social Media Outreach
- Online Reputation
- Shares, likes, Subscribes
- Links on Social Media
What is Off-page SEO & Why is it Needed?
Off-page or off-site Search engine optimization refers to the steps taken outside one’s website to improve its rankings in search engine results. This involves improving site reputation and image through relevance, showing trustworthiness, and also increasing its popularity.
Search engine algorithms constantly change but what remains constant is the importance of off-page SEO built on relevance, popularity, trustworthiness, and authority.
Important aspects of off page SEO
Links form the backbone of off-page search engine optimization, most search engines use backlinks as an indication of a site’s content quality. WE ARE HERE FOR THAT!
Backlinks are proportional to the popularity and rankings in the eyes of a search engine. Thus higher is the value of a site’s backlink, the better would be its search engine ranking.
There are three types of links based on their origin-
These are attentively given links without any tinkering on the part of the page owner.
Manually built links
These are made through planned Link building activities such as getting customers to link to your website or promoting your website through influencers.
These are made through activities such as adding a bank link in an online directory, blog comment, press release, forum etc. These links are generally disliked by search engines and thus hold be carefully used.
Social Media Marketing
One of the most potent tools for all purposes is social media. Marketing your content website on social media by creating a page/account, providing snippets of information, and doing brand marketing is a must these days.
Social media marketing would increase trustworthiness, popularity and also create a good reputation for your website. All of these are appreciated by search engines and improve rankings.
Guest blogging refers to the act of writing content for some other company’s website. This helps attract traffic back to one’s website, boosts domain authority, and is quite widely used.
Influencer marketing works by increasing the popularity and trustworthiness of a website by asking established and trusted influencers to remove your content.
However, this act is generally disliked by search engines, so tread carefully on this road.
Linked and Unlinked Brand Mention
Linked and unlinked brand mentions help in link acquisitions and in increasing traffic to ones’ website. This can be done by Finding new brand mentions, understanding advanced search commands, and using SERP overlay.
- On-page search engine optimization is popular enough, and yet people turn to professional marketers and planners to guide the path.
- Off-page SEO is less popular and indeed more difficult; it would require a lot of time and effort on one’s part to handle it successfully in such a situation.
- The lack of time is the main reason why people turn to professionals such as SEO India. SEO India is one of the most trusted and transparent SEO companies.
- We deal with search engine marketing, search engine optimization covering both on-page and off-page elements, social media marketing, and website development.
- SEO India uses an array of cutting-edge technology to help grow businesses by aiming at search engine optimization. The credibility of our company lies in the trust and positive reviews of our clientele.
- SEO India uses traditional ideas with modern technologies to create an amalgamation of visions for a company’s future.
We first approach traditional algorithms and experiences to help understand better. We then analyze the things that have been done so far and what customization would be needed to provide the company with its desired results.
Revaluation is our next step. We re-valuate the outcomes, goals, and visions and the efforts taken to achieve them, lastly is innovation. Innovation is a type of power, and the one who yields it wins the race.